Madam Wokie + Samuel L Jackson at the Armani FNO Event

Hey guys.. It's fashion week in New York and the city is crazy with all things fashionable. I managed to secure an exclusive invite to the Giorgio Armani Madison Avenue event for Fashion Night Out. Samuel L. Jackson, Angela Bassett were among the guests and they were promoting their upcoming play. 

Being a huge Samuel L. Jackson fan, I wasted no time in introducing myself to him. I am a Wanjama woman after all (lol). Anyway we took some pictures together and I told him about Madam Wokie, our use of our traditional country cloth and Sierra Leone in general. He was super nice and we exchanged contacts so don't be surprised if you see him in one of our pieces soon, as we will be branching out into menswear shortly.. xoxo Mary-ann

My top is from the Madam Wokie "Wanjama" collection.



Check me out at the back of this photo (courtesy of Beauty is Diverse)- how happy do I look. 

Comments

Popular Posts