RIP Nelson Mandela


“During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”

 
― Nelson Mandela





Nelson and Winnie Mandela on their wedding day


“It always seems impossible until it's done.” ― Nelson Mandela
 

Nelson and Winnie Mandela after his released from prison




Nelson Mandela after his daughter Zinzi Mandela's wedding on 24 October 1992



Nelson Mandela, dancing at the Glasgow rally where he received the Freedom of the City
 

Arriving with wife Graca Machel for his 85th birthday celebration in 2003


Graca Machel, Nelson Mandela and  Winnie Madikizela-Mandela at his 90th birthday party in 2008


  Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel


For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others- Nelson Mandela 

Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama with Nelson Mandela at his home in Johannesburg


May the soul of Nelson Mandela and all the faithful departed rest in peace.
xoxo
Madam Wokie





Comments

Popular Posts